Integrated Scientific Project Management will continue to be a theme drawing attention from professionals of all disciplines. Managing and delivering the committed outcome on time at the budgeted cost has always been a challenge. There is always an added challenge in all scientific and
research projects, for they have an element of unpredictability or not many references of past records on the same work. However, time has proven that there have been several excellent scientific projects that achieved success with meticulous planning and execution. The knowledge and experience around this project management have been fairly documented and are available for those interested. The Programme on Integrated Scientific Project Management for Women Scientists/Technologists attempts to highlight the concepts and unravel certain experiential dimensions for successful execution.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To acquaint participants with conceptual inputs on Effective Scientific Project Management
- To provide exposure to participants to Tools and Techniques on Integrated Project Management
- Integrated Scientific Project Management: An Overview
- Project Life Cycle
- Selection of Research Project (Procedure)
- Economic & Social Analysis of the Project
- Effective Use and Application of Project Outcome
- Introduction to Process of Project Management
- Aspects of Scientific and Research Projects
- Project Requirement Gathering/Specifications
- Harnessing Creativity and Building Innovation in Projects
- Project Estimation
- Project Scope and Time Management
- Quality Planning
- Planning Schedule and Resources
- Risk Planning and Response Strategies
- Building and Leading Competent Project Teams
- Execution Monitoring and Control of Projects
- Reporting Progress and Project Communication
- Project Completion and Documentation
- Exercise on Issues in Scientific Project Management
- Project Scheduling
– Classroom Lectures, Group Discussions and Group Work
– Short Videos
– Case-let Discussions and Presentation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Target group/prospective participants are women Scientists/technologists holding scientific posts/working in Scientific Ministries/ Departments of Govt. of India and State Governments, Autonomous Institutions/Public Sector Undertakings of Central/State Governments, Research and Development Institutions/Research Laboratories of Central/State Governments, Central/State universities, State Science & Technology Councils. Academicians/Professors who are having PhD / MTech degrees and actively involved in research & development (R&D) will be selected as participants to the program.
Monday, January 6 to Friday, January 10, 2020. The program starts at 0930 hours on January 06 and concludes on January 10, 2020 at 1715 hours. Participants are expected to arrive in Hyderabad a day before commencement and may leave after the conclusion of the programme or in the morning of the following day.
The programme will be held at the Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, Hyderabad. It is fully residential and the participants will be accommodated in single air-conditioned rooms at its campus.
The Centre arranges transport between Airport/Railway Station and the campus.
The program is fully sponsored and funded by DST, GoI. Nominating Institutions and participants NEED NOT pay any fee or expenses for board & lodging. The Institutions will have to only bear travel expenses to & fro Hyderabad of their nominees.
LAST DATE FOR NOMINATION
December 20, 2019. This program attracts large number of nominations. You are requested to send your nomination well in advance to email@example.com as we accept nominations on first come first serve basis, subject to all applicable conditions. Upon receiving the acceptance note from us, participants will have to necessarily send their confirmed travel plan.
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
The Centre issues a Certificate of Participation on conclusion of the Program.
COD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participants of the program will become members of COD Alumni Association.
Dr. A.K. Rao worked as the Director, Executive Education, at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad, India. Before joining ISB, he was with HCL Technologies heading the training function. He also worked with Satyam Computer Services Limited as Principal Consultant at their Learning Centre. He has been in the learning domain for the past 13 years with institutions such as ASCI, Hyderabad, and TMTC, Pune. He is a Mechanical Engineering graduate with postgraduate qualifications in Industrial Engineering and Management from Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok. He is a Ph.D. from IIT, Bombay. His areas of interest lie in organizational learning, digital divide and technology for citizens.