Managing business is an inter-play of various functions and the executives responsible for managing their own areas will also have to have good understanding of this interplay for appreciating larger context of business and how their own function is impacted / contribute to the overall goals. One such function that has impact on all the other functions is Finance and Accounts; understanding and appreciation of various aspects of Finance and Accounts would help managers in taking better decisions in relation to their own functions. It is imperative for everyone in the organisation to get familiarised with the concepts of Finance, Budgeting and Costing.
Familiarise Managers and Executives working in various functions (other than Finance and Accounts) with the fundamentals of Finance, Accounts, Budgeting and Costing. The participants are expected to learn
- Get appreciation of fundamentals of Finance and Accounts
- How understanding of Finance and Accounts helps them in taking better decisions and also financial impact of each function on the overall financials
- How to read the financial statements (Profit and Loss, Cash flow, Balance sheet)
- How monitoring of performance is done through Financial Ratio Analysis, Variance Analysis etc.,
- Fundamentals of Finance and Accounts in a Business Context
- Understanding of how knowledge of Finance helps in better decision-making
- Reading financial statements (Revenue statement, Balance-sheet, Cash-flow)
- Ratio Analysis
- Costing (Direct Cost, Indirect cost and overheads etc.,)
- Marginal Cost, Standard Cost, Budget and Variance Analysis
- Capital Budgeting, Project Evaluation techniques, Cost of Capital
- Working Capital and its impact on the Financials of the company
- Key Managerial Decisions that would require an understanding of finance
The methodology is primarily lecture sessions, presentations, case-study and group-work
This programme is designed for mid and senior level executives working in Marketing, Purchase, Manufacturing, Stores, HR, Projects, Engineering and Maintenance.
The Programme duration is two days. The program will be held on March 13 and 14, 2020.
The programme will be held at the Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
The Programme fee is Rs.13,000/- + GST. The fee includes tuition fees and courseware. Cheque/DD drawn in favour of “Centre for Organization Development” payable at Hyderabad, along with the nomination form be sent to the Head, Programmes Office, Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, P.O. Cyberabad, Hyderabad 500 081. The Centre offers accommodation for one night for which an additional payment of Rs. 2000 has to be paid.
Organizations/Institutions nominating more than one person will be given a concession of 10 per cent in fee to the second nominee and onwards. A 10 per cent concession is also given to a woman participant. In either case, the maximum allowable concession is 10 per cent.
Taxes : GST as applicable
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
The Centre issues a Certificate of Participation on conclusion of the Program.
COD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participants of the program will become members of COD Alumni Association.
Prof. P.V.S. Prakasam, Professor – Strategy and General Management, Centre for Organization Development, is a Fellow Member of the Institute of Management Accountants of India and a Post Graduate in Industrial Engineering. Mr. Prakasam brings in his varied experience of consulting with various companies in manufacturing and service sectors. He has been associated with various cross-functional consulting engagements in manufacturing sector, growth strategies, business excellence models, performance improvement and growth strategies and has worked on necessary frameworks required for long term sustained growth, manage performance of people and processes. For over 28 years, he has been consulting with private and public sector organizations in the areas of business transformation, people process and change management.
Prakasam is Fellow Member of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India, Post Graduate in Industrial Engineering and Management and holds a Bachelors Degree in Engineering. He had a long stint with National Productivity Council, Delhi in its Indo-German project on Performance and Process Benchmarking, TQM and formerly Director in A.F. Ferguson & Co., (A Deloitte member firm) in India.