Dr. K. N. Vishwantham
HR & OD
- Emotional Intelligence (EI) Matters
- EI is the hidden advantage
- EI is one of the predictors of job performance
- EI Improves both productivity and psychological well-being in the workplace
- EI is the most crucial determinant of success in the workplace
- EI is the ability of a person to use emotions as a guiding tool for managerial effectiveness and leader’s excellence
Multinational corporations and giant industrial groups are increasingly realizing that EI plays a dominant role in enhancing corporate performance. (Goleman, D. 1995, 1998, 2001, 2006).
Emotionally intelligent organizations have employee who are:
- Motivated, Productive, Efficient, aligned with the business and committed;
- Effective, confident, likable, happy and rewarded
The workplace has become the field of competition, demands, pressures, interpersonal difficulties, and simply to put roller coaster ride. Workplace challenges are self- created or experienced by others. If one wants to succeed one must have the ability to respond positively to such challenges. Otherwise, it may lead to emotional disturbances in the form of frustration, anger, anxiety etc., which in turn affect individual productivity. Therefore, emotional intelligence (EI) is considered to be a critical competence for executives across all levels working in any organization.
The practical 5-day learning programme will adopt predominantly mentoring and coaching methodology.
The objectives of this programme will be to:
- To enable participants to appreciate the practical applications of Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- To equip participants to reflect on and develop their EI at the workplace
- To enhance participants EI through coaching
- Emotional Intelligence: Perspective Building
- Measuring Emotional Intelligence
- Managing Emotions
- Managing dysfunctional emotions
- Mindfulness to manage stress
- Coaching for Emotional Intelligence
- Psychometric inventories for profiling
- Real-time case study analysis & discussions
- Lectures & presentations
- Scenario building exercises
- Video Clippings
- Outbound experiential activities
Monday, January 28, 2019 to Friday February 1, 2019. The programme starts at 0930 hours on January 28, 2019 and concludes on February 1, 2019 at 1715 hours. The participants are expected to arrive in Hyderabad a day before commencement and may leave after the conclusion of the programme or in the morning of the following day.
The programme will be held at the Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, Hyderabad. It is fully residential and the participants will be accommodated in single air-conditioned rooms at its campus.
The Centre arranges transport between Airport/Railway Station and the campus.
The Programme fee is Rs.42,000/- + GST. The fee includes tuition, board and lodging, courseware and other facilities of the Centre like Internet usage, well-equipped gym. Local participants not availing hostel accommodation will be given a discount of Rs.1,000/- per day for the duration of the programme. Cheque/DD drawn in favour of “Centre for Organization Development” payable at Hyderabad, along with the nomination form be sent to the Head, Programmes Office, Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, P.O. Cyberabad, Hyderabad 500 081.
Organizations/Institutions nominating more than one person will be given a concession of 10 percent in fee to the second nominee and onwards. A 10 percent concession is also given to a woman participant. In either case, the maximum allowable concession is 10 percent.
LAST DATE FOR NOMINATION
January 18, 2019
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
The Centre issues a Certificate of Participation on conclusion of the Programme.
COD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participants of the programme will become members of COD Alumni Association.
Dr. K N Viswanatham, Professor-OD&HR at Centre for Organization Development, Hyderabad has a Master’s degree in Psychology from Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, and an M. Phil & Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
Before joining COD, he worked as Professor, Administrative Staff College, Hyderabad; Head, Leadership Centre, Indu Projects Ltd, Hyderabad; DGM/Associate Dean-Corporate Training, Everonn Systems India Ltd., Chennai; Faculty in OB & HRM, ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad, and Senior Research Fellow in an Indo-US Project, NIMHANS, Bangalore.
Dr. Viswanatham has extensive experience in designing and conducting EDPs for top management teams for a range of multinational organizations, software companies, PSUs, GoI, and academic institutes. He is an accredited trainer in various psychometric instruments. He is also a regular consultant for print and electronic media on mental health aspects. He has published and presented papers at national and international fora and has supervised doctoral and pre-doctoral dissertations. Dr. Viswanatham’s areas of interest include –designing customized results-oriented leadership interventions for organizations, institutionalizing mentor-ship programs, coaching for building high-performance organizations.