Prof. Pandey is Director, Centre for Organization Development (COD), Hyderabad. Previously, he worked with the Administrative Staff College of India (1973 – 2010) in different capacities (Dean of Consultancy, Director, and Center for Management Studies, Chairman, HR Management Area and IPCL Chair Professor in Strategic Human Resource Management). He has also served as VP (HR) at Etiam Inc., in Santa Clara, California, USA.
Prof. Pandey holds a BA (Hons) as well as an MA in Sociology from Patna University. He has designed, directed, and customized management development programs for senior executives at:-
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Bharat Electronics
- Tata Iron & Steel Company
- National Mineral Development Corporation Bharat Electronics
- Electronic Corporation of India
- Hindustan Shipyard Ltd
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
…. among others.
At COD, his responsibilities include complete leadership of the COD, along with full cycle development of Management Development Programs (both customized and publicized), Business Development, Delivery and Post-program Support, generating leads, responding to the queries and developing Consultancy and Research assignments. An industry veteran with a pristine professional and personal reputation, Prof. Pandey maintains close rapport with a large number of organizations, both government and private, on matters relating to Management Development and Performance Improvement projects.
His specialty function areas on which he has extensively trained executives are Management of Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Labour Redundancies, Trade Unions, Effective Human Resource Training & Development, HR Audit, and HRM for Line Managers, and Inter-functional Coordination, Training Needs Assessment.
In the context of Advanced Management Programs, he has trained the top executives of Public Enterprises in collaboration with international organizations in Europe and Far East, while also directing several customized programs with ‘foreign component’ for organizations such as SAIL, NABARD, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, etc.
Prof. Pandey has been a senior consultant for reputed companies in Oil &Gas, Energy, Telecom, Mining, and other government sectors. Some of his research/consultancy projects include:
- BARAUNI REFINERY, INDIAN OIL CORPORATION – Manpower planning including Manpower assessment, Job analysis, Job description, Job evaluation, Cadre structure and Redeployment
- OIL AND NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED – Review of Recruitment and Promotion Policies and designing of new Promotion Policy, Performance Appraisal System and Recruitment Policy.
- INDIAN RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY – Corporate Planning and Assessment of short term and long-term training needs of each individual employees.
- DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATION, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA – – OD Intervention, Study on low performing Telecommunication centers to enhancetheir performance based on organizational climate survey.
- MAHANAGAR TELEPHONE NIGAM LIMITED – Comprehensive Organization Study coveringCompensation Package, Human Resource Policies, Industrial Relations systems and Training needs assessment
- ANDHRA PRADESH STATE FILM, T.V AND THEATRE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LTD.Preparation of Corporate Plan consisting of framing Long term Vision and Mission statements, Strategic goals and objectives, Market strategies and HR Strategies, Detailed financial projections
- FOOD CORPORATION OF INDIA – Design ofOrganization Structure and Activities of Central Training Institute, Gurgaon.
- RESERVE BANK OF INDIA – Re-design of the functioning of Central Banking
- ESCAP, UNITED NATIONS – HumanResource Development Policy in rural areas to reduce migration to large and medium cities.
- UNICEF – Study of women’s participation in economic activities with a view to evolving policy guidelines and strategies to enhance their participation.
- KHADI & VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION – Feasibility study of select rural industries such as leather, potteries, fiber and handmade paper.
- MSH, BOSTON – Study of management information system for family welfare programs in India.
- DEPARTMENT OF WOMEN & CHILD WELFARE, GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH – Design ofcommunication strategies for increasing effectiveness of ICDS program.
- SWAJAL, GOVERNMENT OF UTTAR PRADESH – Organizational Development Exercise.
Prof. Pandey is a member of high-value committees like Member Cadre Review Committee- UGC, Expert Committee constituted by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India, to evaluate technical courses for employment in Central Government services, ISB Society, and the Founding Member of Bihar Sociological Society. His works have been published in UN’s Asian Population Studies and ASCI Journal of Management.
Prof. Umeshwar Pandey