To understand how cities are managed, one needs to understand how municipal governance works. A good way to view this is through the prism of municipal finances. Every activity of the municipal corporation is ultimately reflected in the revenues earned its running expenses and project expenses. A study of municipal finances helps to understand the various departments in a municipal corporation, how they perform their functions, deliver services, spend on infrastructure programs, and what are the taxes collected and fees earned.
Familiarise professionals working in the area of urban infrastructure, municipal credit ratings, augmentation of municipal revenues, with the fundamentals of Municipal Finance, Accounts, Budgeting and related Analysis. The participants are expected to learn
- The fundamentals of Municipal Finance and Accounts
- The various Municipal Functions and their administration
- How to read municipal financial statements (Municipal Budgets, Audited Income and Expenditure, Balance Sheet )
- How to gauge the performance through financial ratios analysis, variance reports.
- Fundamentals of Municipal Finance – understanding the functions and services delivered, the various elements of revenue and expenditure, Revenue Deficit/Surplus
- Understanding Capital receipts, Capital Expenditure
- Overview of Municipal Laws and Administration
- Overview of flagship Government Programs on Water supply and sanitation
- Reading financial statements (Budget, Revenue statement, Balance-sheet)
- Ratio Analysis
- Best practices in Municipal Finance across Municipal Corporations
- Municipal Borrowings and Fund raising
The methodology is primarily lecture sessions, presentations, case-study and group-work
This programme is designed for entry and mid-level executives working in Credit ratings, Research and Consulting firms in the area of urban infrastructure and municipal finances.
The Programme duration is one day. The program will be held on February 24, 2021.
The Programme fee is Rs.4,000/- + GST. The fee includes tuition fees and courseware. Cheque/DD drawn in favour of “Centre for Organization Development” payable at Hyderabad, along with the nomination form be sent to the Head, Programmes Office, Centre for Organization Development, Madhapur, P.O. Cyberabad, Hyderabad 500 081.
CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION
The Centre issues a Certificate of Participation on conclusion of the Program.
COD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Participants of the program will become members of COD Alumni Association.
Subalakshmi, a Faculty member, Centre for Organization Development, is an Associate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a graduate member (Gold Medalist) of the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India. Subalakshmi is also the Founder and CEO of Macromoney Research, which has launched India’s first National Municipal Database- Munify.
Subalakshmi is a senior credit professional and spent the bulk of her career in CRISIL where she was promoted multiple times from an analyst to Head- Public finance and infrastructure ratings. She has handled credit rating of municipal bonds, water and sanitation pooled funds; research and advisory assignments in municipal finance. She has over 25 years of experience in financial analysis and research.